ITIC APAC 2019 begins in Hong Kong today!
16th June 2019
HONG KONG – 17 June 2019
ITIC, the world’s leading international travel and health insurance conference series, kicks off its 11th annual ITIC APAC event today in Hong Kong. Taking place Monday, June 17 – Wednesday, June 19 at the Kowloon Shangri-la hotel, ITIC APAC 2019 brings together more than 200 travel and health insurance professionals to discuss emerging trends, and formulate the best strategies for tackling challenges facing the fast-moving region.
The agenda will address and debate the hottest topics affecting the industry, such as how to turn market challenges into market opportunities, and how insurers can harness the potential that insurtech has to offer. with expert speakers from PwC South East Asia Consulting, Tune Protect Group, nib Health Funds , AXA Global Healthcare, Emirates Airline, Allianz Global Partners and AIG Travel to name a few.
This year’s ITIC APAC conference features a notable lineup of industry leaders:
- Dr Zubin Daruwalla of PwC South East Asia Consulting, Thalia Georgiou of Asia Care Group and Lynne Fung of Matilda Hospital will speak on Medical Costs, standards and inflation in the Asian region
- Ben Loh of Tune Protect Group, Amy Villalobos of nib Health Funds and Tan Chien-Wei of ULink Assist will share insights on How to turn market challenges into market opportunities
- David Thomas Boucher of Bumrungrad International Hospital, Myra Yu of Teladoc Health and Lauren Pochat-Cottilloux of AXA Healthcare Management focus on mental health support discussing Telemedicine for expats
- Lily Chen of JLT and Dr Winston Jong of EMA Global will offer guidance on navigating China’s laws and regulations when Managing Chinese business
- Tony Ridley of Intelligent Travel will look at travel trends and the impact on the industry
- Maxime Paul of Shift Technology and Sunil Shanmuganathan of AIG Travel tackle Fraud detection and prevention
- Alexandre Besson of Feti’a assistance, Lisa Fryar of Emirates Airline and Katy Youngman of Allianz Worldwide Partners will share the best ways of Meeting expectations of insurers
- Petar Denoble of Divers Alert Network gives an update on diving sites in the region and evacuation options.
- Judy Mitchell of Bangkok Hospital Dusit Medical Services will chair the Provider Network Forum focused on hospital and insurer partnerships with Katy Yougman of Allianz Partners.
As with all ITIC events, connections are key and early arrivals to the city have already taken the opportunity to network while enjoying a fun sightseeing tour. Today, with the full delegation expected, will take networking to the next level!
An exclusive networking area within the Kowloon Shangri-la plays host to a global marketplace of exhibitors including AeroMed Asia, Alia Medflight, BDMS, CEGA, EMA Global, Executive Aviation Taiwan Corporation, Executive Jets, OAMA and World Travel Protection who will be showcasing their services over the next few days. Not to forget the ITIJ team who are looking forward to discussing how our publication can best serve the travel and health insurance industry. ITIJ will be reporting live from the event to ensure the discussions on the ITIC APAC agenda reach those of you who can’t join us at the conference. (look out for their full review in the July issue – subscribe here)
Some other highlights at ITIC APAC 2019 include:
- Matilda International Hospital Tour – Having been chosen as one of the three most beautiful hospitals in the world, ITIC APAC attendees have unique opportunity on Monday ahead of the main program to tour Matilda’s historic Victoria Peak facility and learn about its 112 year history.
- ITIC Hong Kong Welcome Reception – sponsored by nib – nib have invited ITIC Hong Kong attendees to begin their conference on top of the world and join them for cocktails,canapes and conversation at OZONE, the most celebrated rooftop sky bar in Hong Kong on Monday evening.
- ITIC Running Club – hosted by EMA Global – Tuesday and Wednesday morning will see an all abilities group of attendees take a leisurely 3km morning run along the Hong Kong harbour.
- Eco-friendly initiative – sponsored by Medical Rescue Air Ambulance – to keep our attendees well hydrated during the conference but avoid adding further strain to the environment with plastic water bottles, each attendee will be gifted a re-usable drinking cup to use and take home.
- ITIC Hong Kong Farewell Dinner – Champagne Reception sponsored by New Frontier Group. ITIC friends, old and new, will bid a fond farewell on Wednesday with a champagne reception courtesy of New Frontier Group who will share a toast with attendees overlooking the stunning Hong Kong skyline, followed by a gourmet four-course meal.
ITIC would like to extend its thanks to our 2019 sponsors: New Frontier Group, AC Global Medical Transports, AeroMed Asia, Alia Medflight, Anubis International Assistance, BDMS – Bangkok Dusit Medical Services, Charles Taylor Assistance – CEGA, Commercial Medical Escorts, EMA Global, Executive Aviation Taiwan Corporation, Flying Doctors Asia, Global Excel Management, Inc, ITIJ, Matilda International Hospital, Medical Rescue Air Ambulance, nib, Orient Air Medical Association (OAMA) and World Travel Protection.
About ITIC: International Travel & Health Insurance Conferences
ITIC is the leading series of global events for all sectors of the international travel & health insurance community. Whether operating in the UK, Americas, APAC or MENA markets or on a truly Global level, ITIC conferences are where the travel & health insurance industry gather to discuss current and future concerns and forge the connections which shape the future of travel & health insurance. ITIC has been bringing together industry leaders for over 27 years, connecting all sectors and providing the perfect environment to build partnerships. ITIC offers a truly global marketplace and is the only event which gathers all sectors of the travel and health insurance industry, ready to do business.
For more information on upcoming ITIC events and the most up-to-date news for the travel and health insurance industry, subscribe for our email updates.