ITIC Global 2019 – First speakers announced
10th June 2019
We are delighted to announce some of the experts who will be sharing their insights and facing your questions at ITIC Global in Malta this October.
AIG, Allianz Care, AMREF, Aquarius Capital, AXA Partners, beTravelwise, Coverontrip, European Air Ambulance, GeoBlue, Global Guardian, Healix International, Mains Lab, MAPFRE, Marm Assistance, Shift Technology, TUGO Insurance, World Aware and Your Excellent Health Service are the first to join the line-up for the 27th annual ITIC Global conference in Malta this October.
Speaking at ITIC Global 2019
- Dr Sundeep Dhillon of MAPFRE, James Page of AIG will share insights into identifying Supplier fraud and abusive practices
- Estelle Lebar of Shift Technology and Yury Kuvshinov of Mains Lab tackle Insurer counter-fraud efforts and will discuss the most effective techniques to detect and combat fraud – are different countries using different tactics? – as well as the techniques employed by other lines of insurance business and what travel insurers can learn from them.
- Brad Dance of TUGO Insurance will speak on Mental health coverage and assistance
- Dr Cai Glushak of AXA Partners and Dr Bettina Vadera of AMREF Flying Doctors will examine pricing structures in the air ambulance industry
- Dr Charlie Easmon of Your Excellent Health Service will speak on Short and long-term health risks
- Estelle Lebar of Shift Technology and Berna Atac Okten of Marm Assistance will look at Insurtech. How can technology improve business working processes? Are software solutions going to solve all the industry’s problems with relation to timely communication and exchange of patient information?
- John Armstrong of Allianz Care will assess the current risk rating models used by underwriters and ask if these are still correct, given the challenges faced by the travel and health insurance sector regarding ever-increasing prices for medical treatment.
- Dale Buckner of Global Guardian will speak on data security risks to business travellers and how companies can mitigate these concerns.
- Michael L. Frank of Aquarius Capital will speak on trends in healthcare fraud, movements in healthcare insurance in the US and internationally, as well as trends in reinsurance.
- Patrick Schomaker of European Air Ambulance will look at improving the air ambulance commissioning process. What are the possible pitfalls, miscommunication, assumptions and other mistakes commonly made during the air ambulance ordering process, all of which can result in conflicts and mistakes, endangering the mission and the patient.
- Juan Pena Nunez of Healix International, Saul Shanagher of beTravelwise and Bruce McIndoe of WorldAware will share insights into the changing risks impacting travellers. Businesses are expanding their horizons and expecting more from their employees, but are they briefing them correctly and training them sufficiently when it comes to security risks?
More speakers will be announced over the coming months!
Join the ITIC community in Malta (28-31 October 2019), ITIC Global will see over 800 senior industry leaders gather to discuss the future of the travel and health insurance industry.
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of the conversations that shape our industry